Wirenet Image Band
wirenet.org mobile image band
× If you have a question regarding coaxial, telephone, and building wire, power cable, insulation, extrusion, bunching, stranding, braiding, etc. post it here.

keep directly under water for long period of time

• Mr Sasith Bogahawatte
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
8 years 10 months ago #2858 by Mr Sasith Bogahawatte
keep directly under water for long period of time was created by Mr Sasith Bogahawatte
Dear Sir

Would you please clearly mention your recommendation on keeping unarmoured copper multi-core cables (As per BS 5467 :1989 ) directly under water for long period of time ?

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #2860 by Peter J Stewart-Hay
Replied by Peter J Stewart-Hay on topic keep directly under water for long period of time
Hello Mr. Sasith Bogahawatte

Our recommendation is, if you are required to manufacture cable to your referenced specification, follow it to the letter. No opinions or short cuts!

Regards,
Peter J. Stewart-Hay Principal
Stewart-Hay Associates
www.Stewart-Hay.com
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Peter J Stewart-Hay.

• Mr Sasith Bogahawatte
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
8 years 10 months ago #2862 by Mr Sasith Bogahawatte
Replied by Mr Sasith Bogahawatte on topic keep directly under water for long period of time
Dear Sir,
I wish you got my idea. How to manufacture underwater power cable, Thanks a lot if you mention the standards.

More
8 years 9 months ago #2863 by Peter J Stewart-Hay
Replied by Peter J Stewart-Hay on topic keep directly under water for long period of time
Hello Again Mr. Sasith Bogahawatte,

I did not receive your idea for manufacturing underwater power cable as it would have been swept clear by our unknown mail protection system. I also do not want you to mail me such possibly patentable ideas because that sort of intellectual property belongs to you and you alone. In fact, I don't want you to write my Company at all. All information should go through the Forums for all to appreciate and receive benefit from. This is a legal position and represents nothing personal. I hope you understand.

Identified standards are the result of your own research.

Regards,
Peter J. Stewart-Hay Principal
Stewart-Hay Associates
www.Stewart-Hay.com
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Moderators: Erik A MacsPeter J Stewart-Hay
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds

Gallery

Contact us

The Wire Association Int.

71 Bradley Road, Suite 9

Madison, CT 06443-2662

P: (203) 453-2777