Wirenet Image Band
wirenet.org mobile image band
× If you have a question regarding coaxial, telephone, and building wire, power cable, insulation, extrusion, bunching, stranding, braiding, etc. post it here.

Selection of braiding material for RG6 cable

• Mr Anand Singh
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
8 years 9 months ago #2865 by Mr Anand Singh
Selection of braiding material for RG6 cable was created by Mr Anand Singh
dear sir,
we want to know what braiding material will be suitable for RG6 cable.
Rgds,
Anand

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #2866 by Peter J Stewart-Hay
Replied by Peter J Stewart-Hay on topic Selection of braiding material for RG6 cable
Hello Mr. Anand Singh,

I suggest that you carefully and fully read this Belden page:

www.belden.com/docs/upload/NP198.pdf

If you want to know more, type the following into Google: "RGB Cable Design"

"Belden’s line of coaxial cable features a wide range of shielding configurations. Among the options are: Duofoil® Duofoil is a shield in which metallic foil is applied to both sides of a supporting polyester or polypropylene film. Duobond® Duobond is essentially the same construction as Duofoil (a laminated shielding tape consisting of aluminum foil/plastic film/ aluminum foil), but with an extra layer of heat-sensitive adhesive bonding the foil shield to the dielectric core. This foil shield provides 100% coverage and insures maximum shield protection." From Kiran Sales Corporation -
www.kiransales.com/products/belden/Beldencables.html

I believe Duobond and Duofoil are patented materials owned by Belden. You would have to use a composite aluminum foil applied to both sides of a supporting polyester or polypropylene film. You need 100% coverage. Then you would have to apply a tin coated braid over that to hold it together when the cable is bent. The thickness of foil would be your product engineering's decision to obtain the correct impedance which I believe to be 75 ohms.

That is all I can help you with.

Regards,
Peter J. Stewart-Hay Principal
Stewart-Hay Associates
www.Stewart-Hay.com
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Peter J Stewart-Hay.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr Anand Singh

• Mr Anand Singh
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
8 years 9 months ago #2867 by Mr Anand Singh
Replied by Mr Anand Singh on topic Selection of braiding material for RG6 cable
dear sir,
actually, i want to know what braiding material (ATC ,AL, OR bare copper) i will use in different type RG6 cable and whatis use of different braiding materials.

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #2869 by Peter J Stewart-Hay
Replied by Peter J Stewart-Hay on topic Selection of braiding material for RG6 cable
Hello Again Mr. Anand Singh,

If indeed you carefully read the Belden information I attached, you wouldn't have given the above reply.

For legal reasons we will not design your cable or parts thereof but we can give you some insight;

1. The braid material is used to hold the 100% foil shielding from opening when the cable is bent or packaged as per the Belden information
  2. The braiding material must not create galvanic corrosion with the shield
  3. The braiding material must not corrode in water, moisture or other corrosive materials such as hydrogen sulfide.
  4. The braiding material must be fully annealed or annealed adequately so that the braid will not break when bent or packaged.

If you or your product engineers cannot figure out the braid material you need then you should not enter the electronics cable industry.

Regards,
Peter J. Stewart-Hay Principal
Stewart-Hay Associates
www.Stewart-Hay.com
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Peter J Stewart-Hay.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr Anand Singh

Moderators: Erik A MacsPeter J Stewart-Hay
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds

Gallery

Contact us

The Wire Association Int.

71 Bradley Road, Suite 9

Madison, CT 06443-2662

P: (203) 453-2777