Wirenet Image Band
wirenet.org mobile image band
× Have a question on lubricants, wire drawing, quality, testing, ISO, environmental? Post your question here to get the answer!

Questionnaire about Drawing Process

• Archived Forum Admin
  • Archived Forum Admin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platnium Boarder
  • Platnium Boarder
More
11 years 3 months ago #2429 by Archived Forum Admin
Questionnaire about Drawing Process was created by Archived Forum Admin
Hi,

I need you guys experience and knowledge to teach me regarding the Drawing Machine. It’s because I’m new in this field and still in training at my new workplace just for 1 month.

I would like to ask regarding the Drawing machine (Rod Breakdown, medium Drawing and Fine Drawing). Kindly explain for all types of drawing machine and for each Aluminum or Copper conductor.

The characteristic I would like to learn are:

1. Types of lubricant for each machine
2. PH value
3. Lubrication’s emulsion
4. Lubrication’s temperature
5. The suitable filter type for drawing machine
6. Annealing temperature for 8.0mm copper conductor
7. The different between tungsten carbide die and diamond and which type are suitable for copper and Aluminum.

Ok, I’m waiting for your response and thanks for your helping.

hairi

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Archived Forum Admin
  • Platnium Boarder
  • Platnium Boarder
More
11 years 3 months ago #2430 by Archived Forum Admin
Replied by Archived Forum Admin on topic Re: Questionnaire about Drawing Process
Hello Hairi,

I'm afraid you have the wrong understanding of this web site. It is for discussing and solving wire and cable technical problems. It is not a training site for young engineers as this would take hundreds of pages and a huge amount of time. Moreover it will take you many years to become an accomplished and effective wire and cable process engineer. Consider it as a post-graduate degree.

Generally speaking, I would expect you to be tutored by a much more senior engineer in your company for well over a year and to perform small projects while being closely supervised.

If you want to learn something technical, I suggest your company purchase the following books if they do not already have them:

A) Nonferrous Wire Handbook set www.wirenet.org/waistore/productdetail.cfm?productid=12 A total of 1,109 pages.
B)Nonferrous Wiredrawing Coolants www.wirenet.org/waistore/productdetail.cfm?productid=159 A total of 52 pages.
C) Sensors and Controls for the Wire & Cable Industry www.wirenet.org/waistore/productdetail.cfm?productid=94 A total of 47 pages.
D) Nondestructive Testing for the Wire & Cable Industry www.wirenet.org/waistore/productdetail.cfm?productid=93 A total of 30 pages.

and then you should get reading! You should also carefully review all the threads (Excluding the Ferrous Section) at this website and take notes once you have read and clearly understood the basics in the recommended books. Take your time and really learn.

Finally we think you should become a member of the Wire Association International www.wirenet.org/members/joinren.htm I joined in November 1972 and as a professional mechanical engineer, it has been a wonderful experience. I started in the wire and cable industry in May of 1967. Today, I find I am still learning every day and I am now 67 years old.

Regards
Peter J. Stewart-Hay
Principal
Stewart-Hay Associates
www.Stewart-Hay.com
519 641- 3212

• Archived Forum Admin
  • Platnium Boarder
  • Platnium Boarder
More
11 years 3 months ago #2431 by Archived Forum Admin
Replied by Archived Forum Admin on topic Re: Questionnaire about Drawing Process
ok thanks for your guidance...

hairi

• Archived Forum Admin
  • Platnium Boarder
  • Platnium Boarder
More
11 years 3 months ago #2432 by Archived Forum Admin
Peter, another suggestion would be to plan on spending a couple of weeks on the floor in your work clothes getting hands on experience. The lessons learned will be invaluable and I believe that most of the floor workers will hold you in higher esteem because in the future when you tell them or suggest something, they will know that you can do it too. Maybe not as good as someone that does it everyday, but as someone that has some hands-on experience and technical knowledge.

Spectre

• Archived Forum Admin
  • Platnium Boarder
  • Platnium Boarder
More
11 years 3 months ago #2433 by Archived Forum Admin
I completely agree with Spectre07. That's always the best way to learn how to run the equipment, and develop rapport with the regular operators.

Moderators: Erik A MacsPeter J Stewart-Hay
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds

Gallery

Contact us

The Wire Association Int.

71 Bradley Road, Suite 9

Madison, CT 06443-2662

P: (203) 453-2777