Join WAI's wireNETworking!
- Join our wire & cable community
- View profiles and add new friends
- Share your photos and videos
- Create your own group or join others
- Jan29Mohegan Sun, 1 Mohegan Sun Blvd. Uncasville, CT 06382
- Mr Sasith Bogahawatte created a new topic ' What the difference between stranding, closure tub' in the forum.What the difference between stranding, closure tubular and bunching machines? . We are planning to produce 70mm2 ( 12 wire compaction) Aluminium conductor by using single bow 1250 bunching machine. We would appreciate much if you would advise us.
- Mr GNANAREUBEN ANBUNATHAN created a new topic ' Insulation of Parallel Strands instead of Bunched' in the forum.We make Building Cables and follow Class 2 construction of conductor (Stranded) with bunching the 14 strands of individual diameter 0.3mm for 1 Sqmm Cable.
We have seen some cables with straightly laid conductor, strands are straight without bunching , may be the lay is infinite or S Z which is not evident immediately.
Can you provide some idea whether this will have a reduction of copper content for the same passing Conductor Resistance value vis-a –vis a bunched conductor.
- Hello Mohsen,
Because I am not a magnet wire expert, we are fortunate enough to have a magnet wire expert to technical information on occasion and I have advised him of this thread. He is very busy however and I note he has not replied at this point in time.
Therefore, as a first approach, I suggest you contact Boockman Engineering GmbH in Germany www.boockmann.com/ and explain to them your precise requirement including giving them with the specification data on the aluminum drawing oil you are using. Likewise ask them to recommend the correct solvent you should be using.
On their web site, go to the Helicord section on the bottom left of the front page.