Join WAI's wireNETworking!
- Join our wire & cable community
- View profiles and add new friends
- Share your photos and videos
- Create your own group or join others
- Oct023791 Clubhouse Drive Conover, NC 28613
- Peter J Stewart-Hay replied to the topic 'Conductor Screen - Triple extrution - Power cable' in the forum.The conductor screen is made from XLPE and is semi-conducting in nature by the addition of carbon.. The compound can be super-smooth by having the carbon produced by burning acetylene as this gives a very small sized particulate.
The conductor screen has two basic functions.
(1) ]To mechanically protect the insulation from the conductor.. This prevents stress concentrations at the conductor surface of the insulation.
(2) Because polyethylene has a larger thermal coefficient of expansion than the conductors, it will expand away from the conductor. Because the conductor screen is at the same potential as the conductor, there cannot be a flashover.
The conductor screen and the insulation screen are simultaneously extruded with the insulation.
- Peter J Stewart-Hay created a new topic ' Conductor Screen - Triple extrution - Power cable' in the forum.We received this by E-mail and have placed a copy here.
I would like to find more information regarding conductor screen for Triple extrution - 11KV power cable.
- Hello Pete,
My that coiler seems to be in really rough shape. Try thhis web page www.thomasnet.com/south-carolina/machine...services-2907-1.html and note that the State can be changed so you may find a repair facility closer to home. Also remember that fortunately Wafios has a facility in the USA so that some replacement parts can be ordered www.wafios.us/home/
- I have a Wafios Coiler model DC-80, manufactured in 1989 that was bought at auction. I need technical assistance setting up this machine and performing obviously neglected PM. Is there anyone in the SE who performs this type of technical assistance. I am located in NE Georgia. Thanks