Wirenet Image Band
wirenet.org mobile image band
× If you have a question regarding coaxial, telephone, and building wire, power cable, insulation, extrusion, bunching, stranding, braiding, etc. post it here.

Cabling on a Double Twist Buncher

• Carlos Luis Rodriguez
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #2910 by Carlos Luis Rodriguez
Cabling on a Double Twist Buncher was created by Carlos Luis Rodriguez
Trying to cable a 7 insulated wires (1/8 + 2/10 + 4/12) using a double twist buncher.
Do not have a pretwister.
Having some difficulties keeping the center wire, one of the 10awg, in the center of the construction.

Any suggestions on how to "tweak" the process to make it work?

Thanks

Luis
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Peter J Stewart-Hay.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #2912 by Peter J Stewart-Hay
Replied by Peter J Stewart-Hay on topic Cabling on a Double Twist Buncher
Hello Mr. Rodriguez,

In my experience, one of the keys to double twist bunching is to have all the wires making up the bunch at the same pay off tension. Another is to have all the wires making up the bunch at the same diameter or very close to the same diameter.

You have three different sizes of wire, each with their bending properties and pay off tensions. I think you should be closing the insulated wires on a small rigid strander.

If you persist in using a double twist machine, you are, I believe, breaking new ground so all I can say is; "Good luck!"

Regards,
Peter J. Stewart-Hay Principal
Stewart-Hay Associates
www.Stewart-Hay.com
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #2920 by Willy M Hauer
Replied by Willy M Hauer on topic Cabling on a Double Twist Buncher
Hi Carlos,

The configuration you are attempting nearly always require a pretwister. I have commissioned a number of machines throughout the world for applications like this, but always with a pretwister.

It also will depend on the machine brand you are using as some of them have a wire path which is not ideal for such type of cabling.

Try to pretension the core conductor higher and make sure that the conductor is not sticky.

Best Regards,

Willy
Howar Equipment
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Peter J Stewart-Hay.

Moderators: Erik A MacsPeter J Stewart-Hay
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds

Gallery

Contact us

The Wire Association Int.

71 Bradley Road, Suite 9

Madison, CT 06443-2662

P: (203) 453-2777